Sunday, September 27, 2020

Fr. Emmanuel Megwara, MSP - Homily for Monday Week 26 Ordinary time - September 28, 2020

 

DATE : 28/9/2020, Monday of the 26th Week in Ordinary Time (A)

 EVENT : St. Wenceslaus and Lawrence Ruiz and Companion (Opt. Memorial

 COLOUR : GREEN

 READINGS : Job 1:6-11; Resp. Psalm 16:1-3.6-7; Luke 9:46-50.

 

 THEME: GOD HAS SO MUCH CONFIDENCE IN YOU, DO NOT SHAME HIM

 

    Greetings beloved people of God. I welcome you to "My Catholic Homily Digest". As this new working week begins today, and the Church celebrates the memorial of St. Wenceslaus and Lawrence Ruiz, I want to reflect with us on the theme "God Has so much Confidence in you, do not disappoint Him". Beloved, the basic foundation and string, holding any good friendship and relationship is trust. Once trust is lost in any relationship, just forget it. Usually, people earn our trust and confidence because they have proven to us beyond all reasonable doubt that we can rely on them. Imagine how broken you will feel if after vouching for someone in public, he or she disappoints you.

 

    In the first reading of today, we are told that God vouched for Job in the gathering of the sons of God. He gave Satan the permission to tempt Job to a breaking limit to proof that Job would never abandon Him no matter what. Now the questions we ought to ask ourselves today are: what made God to trust Job so much? Has Job proven himself trustworthy in the past? If I am Job, can God trust me not to disappoint Him when tempted? Have I proven myself triumphant before any temptation in the past? Is there something which is my achilles heels (my weakness), that the tempter can easily use to pull me down?

 

    Child of God, truth is, the world is being ruled by Satan, he is the prince of this earth. God has granted him the permission to tempt us, to hurt us, to cause us pain, to inflict all kinds of disasters on us. We must bear in mind that the devil is never at rest (I Pet. 5:8), he is our sworn enemy, his plan is only to kill, to steal and to destroy, he knows all our weaknesses, and he feeds on them. But glory be to God, for through the Paschal mystery of Christ, the devil, our accuser before God has been overpowered. And we have been engraced, through our baptism to stand up to him, and to defeat him. Child of God, just like Job, God has so much trust in you, please do not disappoint Him, You are stronger than your weakness through the grace of Christ. Do not allow the devil to humiliate God with laughter on your account. Stop that evil habit today and shame the Devil. God bless you.

      

   Oh that today you would listen to his voice harden not your hearts (Ps.95:7-8)

 

 LET US PRAY : Lord Jesus, You loved and trusted me so much that you even vouched for me with your life, help me with your grace to prove myself worthy of your trust for me....Amen

 

 HAPPY NEW WEEK (BARKA DA SABUWAR MAKO)

 

@ Fada Emmanuel Nnamdi Megwara, MSP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fr. Michael Osatofoh Eninlejie, MSP - Homily for Thursday Easter Week 6 - May 13, 2021 - Ascension

THE SOLEMNITY OF THE ASCENSION OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST Acts 1:1-11 Ephesians 1:17-23 Matthew 28:16-20 I AM GOING TO PREPARE A PLACE...